Friday, December 26, 2008

Good news!!!!

My mom's house is under contract!!! Thanks to the horrible real estate market, we got less than we wanted but figured the market would only get worse before it got better, so we took what we could get. Just an inspection and appraisal stands between me and this big monkey being off my back.

Next up? Well, if the house sells, I am going to do a major kitchen renovation on a small budget. For $10,000 I'm hoping to remove the wall between the kitchen and family room, get new appliances, including a gas cook top and double ovens, new flooring and a island. As you can tell, this is going to be a challenge. I will be soliciting help from you guys, so don't be shy. I'll post the before photos soon, and you'll see for yourselves that it's desperately past due.

Hope you had a great Christmas and a will have a fabulous New Year!


Melinda

No comments: